Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:37 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 2 cops accused of firing weapons during party 
 Post subject: 2 cops accused of firing weapons during party
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

Are they "professional" enough?

Quote:
Two Minneapolis police officers are on paid administrative leave for allegedly firing their guns while off-duty at a house party early today.

Police responded to a 911 call regarding a loud party in the 4200 block of Wentworth Avenue S., sometime around midnight, said Sgt. Bill Palmer, a police spokesman.

When officers arrived, they learned the party had been attended by off-duty officers. At some point, two of them allegedly fired their weapons, Palmer said. Investigators from the department's Internal Affairs unit were later called to the scene.

Linky

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:59 pm 
The Man

My favorite is:
Quote:
Officers are allowed to carry their weapons while off duty but they are not allowed to consume alcohol when doing so, Palmer added.
His pants then burst into flame.

(Actually, I don't doubt that it's against the rules, but I can't imagine that Palmer doesn't know better about what actually goes on. Which was that cop bar in Minneapolis where one of the drunk cops decided that a non-cop patron needed a tuneup, took him out for that, and got beat up and his gun snatched?)

And, just to be relentlessly fair -- and forgetting that the servants are supposed to play by all of the rules -- I don't see anything wrong with a guy going out to dinner with friends and having a beer, say.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:14 pm 

I love the "paid administrative leave" im glad my taxes dollars are being put to good use. :evil:

"Ours was the first revolution in the history of mankind that truly reversed the course of goverment with three little words 'We The People'. We the people tell the government what to do, It doesn't tell us."
The Late Great Ronald Reagan

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

Campus Leader-IHCC
Students for Concealed Carry on Campus
www.concealedcampus.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:47 pm 
Wise Elder

If you or I did it, we'd be charged with a felony. M. S. sec. 609.66, subd. 1a(3).
More "special" deals for "special" people.
I'll bet they don't even get a months suspension.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

… everything we've come to expect in a uniformed person of authority.

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

Apologies to Joel:

Quote:
"They are going to be treated exactly the same as anyone else who be doing a similar thing under these circumstances," said [Dakota County Attorney James] Backstrom
His pants then burst into flame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
Which was that cop bar in Minneapolis where one of the drunk cops decided that a non-cop patron needed a tuneup, took him out for that, and got beat up and his gun snatched?).

See his gun got snatched! Citizens should not be allowed to carry because they will just have their gun taken from them!

*cough* So what happened to each of the participants of that fight?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.