Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:16 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Off-duty San Diego police officer shoots woman, boy 
 Post subject: Off-duty San Diego police officer shoots woman, boy
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:32 pm 

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-oceanside19mar19,0,3106708.story?track=mostviewed-storylevel

Quote:
Oceanside -- Authorities say a woman and her 8-year-old son are recovering after being shot by an off-duty San Diego police officer in an apparent case of road rage.

At about 9:15 p.m. Saturday, Officer Frank White fired at the woman's vehicle in a shopping center parking lot. Police say the incident began when one of the drivers cut the other one off.

Oceanside police say the woman -- who is in her 20s and married to a Marine -- was unarmed. She and her son remained hospitalized Monday evening with what authorities called non-life threatening injuries.

White, 28, is on administrative leave while Oceanside police investigate the shooting. San Diego police also are doing an internal investigation. He has worked for that agency since 2005.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:43 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

San Diago has an Oceanside unit, like Robbinsdale has a Coon Rapids unit?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:31 am 
Longtime Regular

And here I thought permit holders were supposed to be the only ones who would do this.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:02 am 
Longtime Regular

Well, you know, <s>being </s> enforcing the law is a tough job. I'm sure there was a good reason for the officer to <s>come unhinged</s> do this.

Even if there wasn't, it's a tough job and such incidents should <s>not be prosecuted</s> be forgiven.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.