Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:55 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 A civilian wouldn't get acquitted of this murder. 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:29 pm 

Ramoel wrote:
OOPS! Didn't catch that part about no jury.

The cops that beat Rodney King did end up being convicted on a civil rights charge after beating the state charges.

Ok I had to look this up cuz I don’t know all the facts… My source reference is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King

Apparently one officer was convicted at the state level and only 2 of the four were convicted of civil rights violations. Does that sound right? Cuz I would never swear by anything I see on wikipedia…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:02 am 

JimC wrote:
You're free to disagree, but your comments about police officers are as disgusting as the incident it'self.

boomingmetropolis wrote:
You mean the cops AREN'T are friends?!@# I'm aghast!

Personally, I wouldn't piss on 'em if they were on fire.

And tho I've never had any stops/arrests I would NEVER cooperate. Period.

"Chat with my attorney. This interview is ended and you are dismissed."

Equating heartfelt comments on a forum with an act of homicide would tend to indicate an individual who is profoundly disturbed.

And it begs the question, should someone who's mental stability is that tenuous be allowed to own a firearm?

I'm sure Sheriff Fletcher would deny a permit to such person on the basis that he ''may be a danger to himself or others."

IMNSHO :wink:

To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness, for he who expects this desires an impossiblity. But to allow men to behave so to others and expect them not to do thee any wrong is irrational and tyranical. Marcus Aurelius

I won't mind if you call me a racist. And I'm sure YOU won't mind if I call you a target of opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:48 am 
Wise Elder

Quote:

There is no legal requirement that you do anything (or even that they do anything -- D.C. v. Warren, 444 A. 2d 1).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:04 am 
Longtime Regular

There was a juror on the news that said there was just contradictory evidence, as though the witnesses had never been prepped.

Obviously the prosecution "tried" the case easy, so this would happen. The "trial" was simply for show. If they really wanted a conviction, they would have done it correctly. If Bell had killed the policeman, they wouldn't do it the same way, to say the least.

But, they fooled most people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

kimberman wrote:
Quote:

There is no legal requirement that you do anything (or even that they do anything -- D.C. v. Warren, 444 A. 2d 1).

Really? Doesn't MN Stat. 604A.01 require that you at least try to go wee-wee? :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.