Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:12 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Wrong house raid goes wrong. Of course. 
 Post subject: Wrong house raid goes wrong. Of course.
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:48 pm 
Wise Elder

Quote:
About a month ago I got a call from a reporter for the Arkansas Times inquiring about my research into paramilitary drug raids. He'd been reporting on a raid in North Little Rock involving a 40-year-old man named Tracy Ingle. When he told me the story over the phone, I was floored, even given all the abuses and mistakes I've reported and read about over the last few years. What makes the case especially egregious is not that the police may have gotten the wrong home, that they shot a man, or that they were covering it up or going silent. We've seen all that before.

What's mind-blowing about this one is that they've continued abusing the poor guy, even after it should have been clear for some time now that they made a mistake.

http://reason.com/blog/show/126284.html#

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Sounds like my house. My case still isn't resolved by the way. MPD tried to burry Pat Marzatelli in irrellevant paperwork and he seems to be . . . skittish about conforming to the law instead of backing up officers who conducted a no knock on a dirty warrant and took lawfully owned items not related to the alleged crime or listed on the warrant, and continued to hold them even though all relevant (County Attorney & Judge) CRJ types have closed the case, finding that it was based on bad information from an adjudicated mentally ill person from the get go.

I am ever thankful that we went to visit a sick person in the hospital and stopped at the grocery, so we weren't home when they hit us. I imagine, we'd all be dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:36 pm 
Wise Elder

A good analysis of why SWAT always turns in to an "outside" force attacking the community it's supposed to serve.

http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/2 ... d-robbers/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.