Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:31 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Looking for XD subcompact deep concealment 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:58 pm 
Longtime Regular

For in the car I really like the Blackhawk QCQ (Like the follwing but w/o the carbon fiber. Stay away from the carbon fiber). The only thing that I don't like is that you use your trigger finger to release the retention device, wich then causes your trigger finger to fall into the trigger guard. I find that if I pushdown on the pistol while drawing, this problem goes away... I don't know why.

This one also sticks out a little bit far for some situations.
http://www.blackhawk.com/product_detail ... id=4333&d=

The Bianchi is also a retention holster. It uses the middle finger to release the retention device. This works very well, and is very natural. It also conceals a good deal better.
http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Pro ... ModelID=82

The following Don Hume is what I use for IWB. This is the holster that I have used the longest. I like it the best of the many IWBs that I have. It works well at 3 o'clock, other wise the end of the grip sticks out a good deal if you bend over or turn even a little. Cant it forward a little and it works great. Very good for its value.
link

I felt that the XD in thunderwear stuck out too much, but my pants may have been to tight. Several people commented that pleated pants work well.
http://www.thunderwear.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:01 pm 

So I carried with the CTAC tonight at the 5 oclock spot and I like it MUCH better. However, the only thing that was a pain was sitting in my car. It was not TOO uncomfortable, but was after about the 30 min drive I did.

Its a pain (at least for a newbie) to take this on and off, so what do you suggest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:51 am 

WSG, I've got the exact same rig and I've worn it daily for over a year. I did take me alittle time for my body to get used to the idea of having it stuck to me all the time. Give a week or so.

Once you get it adjusted right you should be fine. Play with the adjustable cant on the belt hooks. I think mine is just about maxed with the butt towards the front.

Also, could your pants be too tight? Many people who carry IWB get their pants +2" from what they used to wear. I know I do and I get the "relaxed fit" jeans as well. But I do have real healthy thighs.

Don't forget a good belt to support it all.

Any questions feel free to email me and I'll try to help.

FYI, check the tightness of the allen wrench screws that hold the belt clips on, mine loosen every so often. I notice it once a month or so. It's easy to tell by looking at the rubber spacer behind the clip.

Steelheart

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.