Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:42 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 I need a new clip 
 Post subject: I need a new clip
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:05 pm 

I bought a holster, that thus far I like a lot except for one flaw. http://www.desantisholster.com/n91.html Desantis's Tuck-This holster. Problem is the clip goes between the belt and my pants, and my gun is too heavy and my pants fall lower than my belt and it's all screwed up. I called Desantis, the didn't really seem to care or offer any help. :?

So what I need is another clip that goes over the belt, but still allows me to tuck my shirt in. Does anyone have an idea how I could get a clip made? locally?

or lastly and advice on a different tuckable holster?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Here's the redneck repair Idea I had...

Velcro and super glue. super one side of a long strip on the back of the belt. Super glue and / or staple the other side to the clip at the lowest point. Turns this into a J-clip with velcro. It should ride higher (thus not pulling your pants down) and still be drawable. Some adjustment will probably be necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:25 pm 

I'm not convinced velcro, even the industrial type would really work that good, it may actually... I did think about adding another strap to the back of my belt so I could slip the j basically inside the belt and the added piece. Realistically I think I just need a working holster that doen't need me to modify my clothing, for now I just slip the "J" hook over the pants and belt and it works really good, but the J hook sticks out a bit then, in which I just cover it with my cell phone clip, so it works for the time being.

I may just end up buying different holster, I just can't get myself to wait up to 14 weeks I seen on some nice tuckable holsters. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:17 pm 

Order a Comp-Tac model CTAC with the "j" clips. You'll have it in a week tops and a shirt easily tucks over the gun, between the clips and rest of holster. Well worth the $85.00 it will run you.

At the very least, check out Comp-Tac's website and its pictures of their various clips. May give you some good ideas. They use velcro to help hold position for some models so the earlier suggestion above here is a good one.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:42 am 
Longtime Regular

Yeah, my Comp-Tac CTAC has what they call V-Clips:
They supply you with Velcro, the fuzzy side, with adhesive backing to stick on the inside of your belt. The clip on the holster has the 'hook' side of the Velcro that goes inside your belt -- nothing shows, and it's totally supported by the belt, not the pants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:11 am 
Journeyman Member

PAT CANNON - Does that velcro ever wear out, flatten out or get all full of the kind of crap that velcro tends to pick up?
Also, I imagine you can use the holster with other belts as long as you apply the velcro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:06 am 

Hmmmm I may have to try the velcro idea, probably have some velcro laying around anyways, I'm a little skeptical of it, but I guess I never seen how widely used the concept is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

Cam wrote:
PAT CANNON - Does that velcro ever wear out, flatten out or get all full of the kind of crap that velcro tends to pick up?
Also, I imagine you can use the holster with other belts as long as you apply the velcro.

I had no such problems with it in a year or so of occasional use. They supply you with at least two sets of stick-on Velcro for the belt. One started slipping a little and I didn't like the exact position, so I peeled it off and put on a second patch and it's been just fine for ?? a year or two. The ideal would be to get it sewn into the belt but I never felt the need. The gun was pretty tight in the holster but the holster was rock solid on the draw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:30 pm 
First-time poster

You may try the C-clip. I use those on my Tucker holster and they solve the pant thing. I don't use the J-clip at all.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.