Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:12 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Any local stocking dealers of Highnoon holsters? 
 Post subject: Any local stocking dealers of Highnoon holsters?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:25 pm 

just wondering if there are any local stocking dealers for highnoonholsters, or if there are some dealers at local gun shows who have some. i want to try some with my S&W 332 before i buy.

thanks

Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:06 am 
Longtime Regular

I have handled a couple at some gun shows but nothing locally from a store persective. I have a Mr Softy that works well for me... very good quality holsters.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:50 am 
Longtime Regular

craig, just as an FYI, you can buy a holster from them and return it if it does not meet your needs. I tried 3 different holsters before finding one that worked and each time, they took it back for exchange or REFUND. I was only out shipping, which is minimal. They are a great company as far as I am concerned.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject: Re: Any local stocking dealers of Highnoon holsters?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:44 am 
The Man

craig101 wrote:
just wondering if there are any local stocking dealers for highnoonholsters, or if there are some dealers at local gun shows who have some. i want to try some with my S&W 332 before i buy.

thanks

Craig
The short answer is no. There are a couple of reasonably local holster manufacturers that others have recommended (I don't know much about them), but when it comes to a good selection of holsters, there really isn't anything locally. By and large, unless you get very lucky in terms of what you're looking for, you'll have to go mailorder.

That said, the deepest stock on holsters local are, in descending order: Bill's, Streichers, Frontiersman, and J&S.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:41 pm 
Forum Moderator

I've found Galco pretty good to work with mail order. Their customer service people are real nice and they seem to have a pretty liberal policy.

I bought a paddle for my G29, immediately hated it (shoulda listened to Joel..) and they let me trade it for a Fletch.

The only down side was (a) waiting 5 weeks for the G29 paddle to get made (out of stock and production was 2 weeks away) and (b) when I returned the paddle finding out the Fletch was now in the same situation, except the wait has been even longer -- I'm supposed to get the Fletch by this Friday.

I think their leather work is quitegood; the paddle was well made and my SS2 shoulder holster is as well. Beyond the wait for what is arguably an unusual gun, I think Galco is probably a reasonable compromise between quality leather work and being on some big-name holster maker's 6 month waiting list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:43 pm 
Journeyman Member

Moby Clarke wrote:
craig, just as an FYI, you can buy a holster from them and return it if it does not meet your needs. I tried 3 different holsters before finding one that worked and each time, they took it back for exchange or REFUND. I was only out shipping, which is minimal. They are a great company as far as I am concerned.

I just ordered two at once (same holster, one with a cant). I will likely return one for a credit towards a second of the style I prefer. I ordered the Split Decision and Hidden Ally tuckables. As a lefty, I knew I wouldn't be a stocked item (the P95 is probably a strike against common stock too), so I decided to get them both up front. One will get swapped as I said for one made for a smaller carry when I find what fits my needs. The price is good, I read good things about them. The clincher was a Sunday evening reply to an email I sent. I was planning on ordering through them anyway, but that clinched it. Now if only the wait were shorter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

backinthegame wrote:
[ As a lefty, I knew I wouldn't be a stocked item (the P95 is probably a strike against common stock too)...

I'm a lefty with a P95, too. We should start a club.

(I'm currently building my own holster!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:32 pm 
On time out

sportsmans warehouse in CoonRapids has a fairly good selection of styles and manufacturers. (Galco, Bianchi, uncle mikes and several others)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:35 am 

backinthegame wrote:
... Hidden Ally tuckables. ...

I use the same holster - I highly recommend them. My turnaround time was about two weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:48 am 

I have been using my Highnoon split decision (IWB tuckable) daily for about a year with my G26, very happy with it. Last night I took it off and the tension screw fell out, and I was missing the nut and one of the washers. I called Highnoon this morning and asked odering a replacement. The gentleman asked my name, then told me what holster I had ordered and said he would send one out. I asked him if he needed a credit card, he said, "No charge, have a nice day."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:40 am 
Journeyman Member

I just recently received a down under w/ clip from Highnoon for my G27. Decent holster, but it took 18 weeks to get it!! I had tried for 3 weeks to get an answer as to where it was or how come the delay NO REPSONSE AT ALL. Then one day I recevied an email as to the delivery date, but no apology or excuses for the delay. No customer service skills, just like how most businesses conduct themselves these days!????

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:29 pm 

Oscar, sorry to hear you had a bad experience with them.

I had emailed them a couple of questions immediately before and after I purchased my holster - and got a response from them within a day.

If you read here you'll see that it's not that uncommon of a turnaround time. I've recommended them to others but nobody had a turnaround time longer than 6 or 7 weeks or so.

I still think that for the price and quality they are excellent holsters, that perform as advertised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

It only took a week for the Split Decision I ordered from High Noon for my XD9SC to arrive. So far I'm quite happy with it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.