Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:48 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Three Holster Questions 
 Post subject: Three Holster Questions
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:45 pm 

1) I recently got a 642. I purchased a Mika pocket holster and I sort of like it. It seems a little wide a the mouth and created a big bulge in the pocket. Anybody know if the Uncle Mike's creates a slimmer appearance?

2) Am looking for a IWB for the 642 when the pocket holster won't work (think jeans). Anybody have the Mika? What do they think of it?

3) Looking for an IWB for a 1911A1 5" for winter carry. I know I can get a Cochise Defender. I like the design, but are there any other recommendations?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

Yes, the Uncle Mike's buldges less.

I normally wear jeans and use an Uncle Mike's pocket. I also have both the square and round cut Mika's holster. The spring sewn inside that holds it open makes it bulge more in jeans. The Uncle Mike's bulges less in my jeans pocket. To holster the gun in the Uncle Mike's I remove the holster form the pocket, place the gun in it and then insert both in the pocket. I have never had the holster come with the gun when drawn from the jean pocket. It may be possible to holster the gun in the jean pocket with the Mika holster.

I do prefer the square cut bottom Mika holster for the style of shorts I'm wearing in the summer. I can holster the gun with the holster in the pocket. Since these are Cabela's cargo style shorts with additional button down pockets on the normal side pockets the gun doesn't print as much.

The material used by Mika holster may protect the gun more from sweat than the Uncle Mike's nylon material.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:58 pm 
Delicate Flower

I use the uncle mikes square bottom for my 642 and it works very well. Never had it come out with the gun and hardly noticable. You really have to be looking hard to spot it.

Been my main carry in warm weather because of no cover garment. :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

Here is a pic of an UM #4 pocket holster. I use it for my P32 which its in the holster or the P11 which is in the IWB. My favorite and most used holster.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.