Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:53 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Holster Belts 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:00 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

Dutch Teacher make s a great NYLON tactical belt - not cheap - but darn near bulletproof.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:24 pm 

Try Rafter S Gunleather. They have nice double layer stiff gun belts at nice prices. I just got a nice black sharkskin belt. It looks and feels great. It has a great stiffness that non gun belts lack. There is a big difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:37 pm 

I just bought my second Liger gun belt...liked the black one so well I added a brown one to my wardrobe. They are extremely stiff and can support anything you'd carry. Check them out at http://www.ligerproducts.com/product/catalog_ligerbelt_150.htm

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:39 am 

JimmyC wrote:
I just bought my second Liger gun belt...liked the black one so well I added a brown one to my wardrobe. They are extremely stiff and can support anything you'd carry. Check them out at http://www.ligerproducts.com/product/catalog_ligerbelt_150.htm

I have been looking at those for awhile (since I linked to them from Maxpedition), how "Gunbelt" do they look? In the picture the buckle seems to scream tactical to me. On the other hand it may not be so bad when you have it on, and they look like really nice construction.

"Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions. People die, and nothing changes."
-- (Terry Pratchett, Night Watch)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:35 pm 

Actually, in wear the buckle looks stylish in a utilitarian kinda way. I've never considered it, nor have others, to "scream tactical" as a nylon belt does.

The synthetic material outperforms leather, and looks just as good. I'd not wear them with a suit, but certainly with Dockers or jeans the belt looks at home.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:10 am 
Longtime Regular

Srigs wrote:
My carry belts are from Fleet Farm and work great! About 12 to 16 can get you a good belt.

I just picked up two belts from Fleet Farm and they are working really well for me. Don't buy the expensive ones at the front of the belt racks, go to the back and find the cheap ones. I think the label is "Field and Forest".

They are the stiffest belts I've found to date (even stiffer than Galco) and one of them was only $6.99 but was on sale for 25% off that price. We'll see how the finish holds up.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
Srigs wrote:
My carry belts are from Fleet Farm and work great! About 12 to 16 can get you a good belt.

I just picked up two belts from Fleet Farm and they are working really well for me. Don't buy the expensive ones at the front of the belt racks, go to the back and find the cheap ones. I think the label is "Field and Forest".

They are the stiffest belts I've found to date (even stiffer than Galco) and one of them was only $6.99 but was on sale for 25% off that price. We'll see how the finish holds up.

Those are them. I like my mine real well and have several belts now and they perform their function with no issues with holding up long term.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.