Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:20 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 anyone try a Beltster? 
 Post subject: anyone try a Beltster?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:40 am 
Longtime Regular

I've been thinking about how to do the whole disarm at work thing and still make the transition clean and discrete. Eventually I'm going from my J-Frame to a Semi-Auto and the beltster or a reinforced mouth holster seems ideal. With the reinforced mouth, I can secure the pistol when arriving at work, enter work, remove the holster(bathroom), work all day, replace holster(bathroom) re-holster discretely. The Beltster seems to eliminate the need for stopping in the restroom but I worry it would look too obvious with the molded in gun portion. (Ideally, I'd order the one with a 3:30 Cant carry and a Crossdraw for car carry)

http://www.banderagunleather.com/reviews.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:29 am 
Longtime Regular

That looks like a nice idea. Again - another where it would be nice to try it out for a day or two and see how you like it.

I do like having an actual holster though. When I get to the office, (I am blessed to have my own office) I take my holster off and put the gun in my drawer while still in the holster. I like having the trigger guard covered even when it's off my belt.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:32 am 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
That looks like a nice idea. Again - another where it would be nice to try it out for a day or two and see how you like it.

I do like having an actual holster though. When I get to the office, (I am blessed to have my own office) I take my holster off and put the gun in my drawer while still in the holster. I like having the trigger guard covered even when it's off my belt.

I can see the benefit of having the gun in a holster when storing it even. In my situation, it goes from holster to secure-it in the car.

As with everything, it's be REALLY nice to try it before you buy it. Problem is, with the beltster, it's really dependant on the model of gun and size of the wearer. If you lost 2" on your waist (or gained) then the holster might not fit. Maybe I just talked myself out of it but I'll wait and see if anyone has tried it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.