Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 11:45 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 My attempt to volunteer at the RNC 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

http://www.unconventionalaction.org/strategies/strategies.html

Real stand-up, contributing members of society! Their constructive ways will be honored for generations. The true revolutionaries of our time! ol' Geo. Washington would be proud to join this group.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

Dick Unger wrote:
Democracy is messy.....Some of the protesters don't give a crap about your rights; neither does the Bush administration......

That's certainly how they're justifying their actions.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'm told there are all manner of folks that protest, (or, rather, engage in political speech). Anarchists, Grannies for peace, White Supremists, maybe even some gunnies. Other folks will protest the presence of protesters!

It doesn't matter why they come. They all have the right to express themselves in public forums. The whole convention is political speech. The remedy for speech, is more speech, not arrests.

It's difficult for some police officers to distinquish between disorderly conduct or trespass and freedom of expression.

The "ground rules" are not good, but I guess the federal court upheld most of them. We'll see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

Dick Unger wrote:
I'm told there are all manner of folks that protest, (or, rather, engage in political speech). Anarchists, Grannies for peace, White Supremists, maybe even some gunnies. Other folks will protest the presence of protesters!

and more power to them, as long as it remains "speech"

Quote:
The remedy for speech, is more speech, not arrests.

True...arrests are the remedy for property destruction

Quote:
It's difficult for some police officers to distinquish between disorderly conduct or trespass and freedom of expression.

and difficult for some "protesters" to distinguish between freedom of expression and rioting.

Protesters should be left to protest in peace. Rioters should be cuffed & stuffed.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

When one groups protesting prevents other groups from protesting or participating thats not freedom of speech, that's one group oppressing another group. Many of these groups have a goal of preventing Delegates from even being able to make it throught to enter the convention, and that is a violation of the Delegates rights.

I say let all the protesters protest what they want, but when they start breaking out windows, blocking roads, sidewalks and entrances... Give'em the hose. Just to add my editorial: I'm almost positive that the way this crap will be handled will be the nail in the coffin for the Twin Cities hosting a major event like this again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

mnglocker wrote:
Just to add my editorial: I'm almost positive that the way this crap will be handled will be the nail in the coffin for the Twin Cities hosting a major event like this again.

Why did we want it here in the first place?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

someone1980 wrote:

It will give us prestige! Just like hosting the WTO conferences gave Seattle so much prestige.

Last edited by Lenny7 on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

Lenny7 wrote:
someone1980 wrote:

It will give us prestige! Just like hosting the WTO conferences gave Seattle so much prestige.

Screw that. I want to be "fly over" country. I don't want the crazy people from the coasts to even know we exist, else they might come here and try to help us be more enlightened or something.

I guess my bitterness and clinging to my guns and religion is showing through. Sorry about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

My nieghbor is working Security at Target Center, he's been bugging me to work with him. (It's unarmed, un-oc-spray, and maybe a tazer)

I laughed... No thanks, I'll be camping out here, away from the shit hole of the inner city.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:09 pm 
Journeyman Member

My youngst son lives just a few blocks from the Xcel, has support the troops plates on his car. I worry some of Unger's right to express themselves wacko's will do him harm. Maybe seeing all the problems that these "peaceful protesters" create will help convince him he should have a carry permit also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:53 pm 

Ill be there volunteering for the RNC....if you applied and weren't accepted...sorry!

"Ours was the first revolution in the history of mankind that truly reversed the course of goverment with three little words 'We The People'. We the people tell the government what to do, It doesn't tell us."
The Late Great Ronald Reagan

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

Campus Leader-IHCC
Students for Concealed Carry on Campus
www.concealedcampus.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:56 am 
Longtime Regular

EAGSMN wrote:
My youngst son lives just a few blocks from the Xcel, has support the troops plates on his car. I worry some of Unger's right to express themselves wacko's will do him harm. Maybe seeing all the problems that these "peaceful protesters" create will help convince him he should have a carry permit also.

In most of the world, you would not have that worry. But you're stuck in America.

It will be interesting to see if the protesters cause more problems than the delegates and the police. In 1968, in Chicago, about a half a dozen folks decided to start breaking all the windows in the stores along State Street, and incited a police riot. They injured a lot of folks.

But it was probably effective for the protesters because mainstream America decided to give up on the Vietnam war after that. Of course, lot of other events transpired in 1968 as well. (including federal gun control)

Ironically, if the SHTF, Minnesota might well respond with more gun restrictions, not less. I'd bet Ramsey won't issue carry permits that week. Just a guess.

Police are not used to people that disregard them en masse. The training of "stay in charge" may have to give way to a common sense approach. We'll see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:05 am 
Longtime Regular

Lenny7 wrote:

Is that guy seriously looting a coffee shop? Those moonbats are more foolish than even I had previously considered.

"Look Ma! I got us some beans!"

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:07 am 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
Is that guy seriously looting a coffee shop? Those moonbats are more foolish than even I had previously considered.
"Look Ma! I got us some beans!"

He isn't there to steal coffee, he is there to steal the Wi-Fi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:08 am 
Longtime Regular

SultanOfBrunei wrote:
He isn't there to steal coffee, he is there to steal the Wi-Fi.

I thought he might have a biscotti craving.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.