Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:44 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Of interest to college students 
 Post subject: Of interest to college students
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:18 pm 
Wise Elder

National Collegiate Empty-Holster Protest:
Students for Concealed Carry on Campus seeks to organize a national protest of campus CCW bans and offers a press release that can be used by local affiliates. “For over a year, state law in Utah has allowed licensed individuals to carry concealed handguns on college campuses. This has yet to result in a single act of violence…â€￾

http://www.douva.com/sccc/press.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:00 pm 
Journeyman Member

I will be taking part. Anyone else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

What day?

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:26 pm 
Journeyman Member

Oct. 23 & 24 I will have an empty holster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:52 am 

I carried every day after the VT shooting on my campus and no one ever knew. If I was still in college i would be there with an empty holster
good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:26 pm 
Journeyman Member

I need some input... I am going to carry empty holster Oct 23, 24 and I wanted something to hand out when fellow students ask questions. I would like something that will get across the point of how much safer campus could be if permit holders were not restricted. Any input is appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

Contact me (info
compactxd wrote:
ll send you some materials I used at the U.

compactxd wrote:
I need some input... I am going to carry empty holster Oct 23, 24 and I wanted something to hand out when fellow students ask questions. I would like something that will get across the point of how much safer campus could be if permit holders were not restricted. Any input is appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:18 pm 

Be careful, you may have action taken against you for even suggesting such a thing.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S221691.shtml?cat=1
-- the link is now dead and the article is no longer anywhere on kstp's sight. interesting... But I already copied and pasted the entire article below.

Hamline University has suspended a student after he sent an e-mail suggesting that the Virginia Tech massacre might have been stopped if students had been allowed to carry concealed weapons on campus Wednesday.

Scheffler was suspended two days after sending the e-mail.

On April 17, Hamline’s Vice President of Student Affairs, David Stern, sent an e-mail to the campus community offering extra counseling for Hamline students in the wake of the Virginia Tech shootings. Later that day, Scheffler responded directly to Stern, arguing that Virginia Tech’s ban on concealed weapons was part of the problem and advocating that Hamline eliminate its similar policies.

Troy Scheffler has been required to undergo a mandatory mental health evaluation before being allowed to return to school.

Last edited by drkarrow on Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

drkarrow wrote:
Troy Scheffler has been required to undergo a mandatory mental health evaluation before being allowed to return to school.

Is there where an esteem member of our community is at?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:59 am 
Longtime Regular

Need more details on this. What did Scheffler's e-mail actually say?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'll be participating with several other people up here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:53 pm 

DeanC wrote:
Need more details on this. What did Scheffler's e-mail actually say?

Here is another story on it.
http://www.thefire.org/index.php/article/8475.html

email below, copied from the following link.
http://www.thefire.org/index.php/article/8470.html

the email wrote:
To: dstern02@hamline.edu
Subject: I dont think the students need the counseling...
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 10:54 PM

Considering this university also pushes “diversity” initiatives like VA Tech, maybe its “leadership” will reconsider its ban on conceal carry law abiding gun owners... Ironically, according to a few VA Tech forums, there are plenty of students complaining that this wouldnt have happened if the school wouldnt have banned their permits a few months ago...

I just dont understand why leftists dont understand that criminals dont care about laws; that is why they’re criminals... Maybe this school will reconsider its repression of law abiding citizens rights.

Considering that accoriding to the university president that there were recently serious “hate crimes” that were committed in the womens bathrooms; there may be people on the edge ready to snap. I cant say I blame them, I myself am tired of having to pay my own extremely overpriced tuition to make up for minorities not paying theirs. On top of that, I am sick of seeing them held to a different standard than the white students (Of course its a lower and more lenient standard).

Oh by the way, when is your “diversity” department going to include European ancestry?

Respectfully,
Troy Scheffler

Where he says "I cant say I blame them, I myself am tired of..." is probably where the email could be taken as a threat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:44 pm 

Fark.com wasn't too kind:

[STUPID] Students wear empty holsters to school to protest campus rules prohibiting guns. Article includes a pic worthy of being the next cover for "Internet Tough Guy Magazine"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.