Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:11 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 State Fair carry 
 Post subject: State Fair carry
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:14 pm 

Well its state fair time again and while I have carried there in the past this year seems a little diffrent. The lady from the fair said on the channel 5 news at 530 that they will be allowing no weapons in and will be doing searches and pat downs upon entry. I thought the fair was run by the department of ag and therfore unable to legally post. Am I mistaken?

carrying of arms only for military purposes, one simply
cannot add “for the purpose of killing game.” The right “to
carry arms in the militia for the purpose of killing game”
is worthy of the mad hatter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:21 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

They cannot ban guns. Have your permit ready just in case of a patdown.

I wouldn't fight them, if you get denied, post it here and try another gate.

I use the main gate, wide open so I don't know if they could even try a patdown there.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

I thought a recent court decision had said these kind of searches were unconstitutional?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:28 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

I believe that was more NFL specific. As in "it is unconstitutional for the NFL to conduct the searches". If someone has that actual descision, I'd read it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:37 pm 

I saw the story at 5:30 also, it sounded like pat-downs were more likely to happen if you are planning to go to a grandstand concert event.

Post subject: Re: State Fair carry
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:51 pm 
The Man

jrp267 wrote:
Well its state fair time again and while I have carried there in the past this year seems a little diffrent. The lady from the fair said on the channel 5 news at 530 that they will be allowing no weapons in and will be doing searches and pat downs upon entry. I thought the fair was run by the department of ag and therfore unable to legally post. Am I mistaken?
I'm going; I'm carrying in a fanny pack, as I always do at the State Fair; I'm going to have a copy of the law and David Gross' phone number handy.

YMMV.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:49 pm 
Longtime Regular

So, which part of the statute should one carry? The "no goverment agency can post" or "No landlord can post"? I really do not want to carry any additional pages if I do not have to.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:29 pm 
1911 tainted

I have carried at the state fair for the past 3 years and that was with a S&W 642 in a pocket holster with zero issues.

I am planning to carry a 4" 1911 IWB this year.

We will see how it goes.................

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:14 pm 

Im going to a concert at the Grandstand on Friday night. Haven't decided yet if I will carry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:47 am 
Longtime Regular

Check out this "news" video from KSTP:

http://kstp.dayport.com/viewer/viewerpa ... _ID=168660

It describes what isn't allowed at the fair. At one point, the Fair's media spokeschick says: "...you can't bring a gun or weapon of any kind."

Afetr which, the reporters voice continues saying: "If you thought you could, don't go to the fair, go to a mental hospital." :roll:

Regarding being searched, she says everyone is subject to search at the gates. At the end, the reporter says "... you're guaranteed to be searched at the grandstand, for the public's safety and the performer's.'

What the Hell? Doesn't the law mean anything to these people? As Tori Ryder used to call it, it truly has become the 'MN State F-Word'.

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:52 am 
Longtime Regular

That reporters comment really ticks me off. Since we all KNOW we can legally carry at he fair BY LAW, maybe we should find a convenient mental hospital, get about 30,000 permit holders to show up, call the KSTP reporter and tell him we did what he told us to, and we expect a flippin news conference! AAARRRGGGHH!

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:00 am 
Longtime Regular

OK, I listened to it again, the reporter's name is Bill Mason "Fighting For You".

I couldn't find any direct contact info for him on the site, but it would be great if one of legal-beagle-inclined sorts would send the station a little note about the LAW, citing statute.

I'm done now. Time for bed. At least I'm home alone tonight, and I'm allowed to go to bed mad!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:19 am 
Longtime Regular

If I go to the fair, I will bring out the Smartcarry and pocket holster.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject: Letter to State Fair
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:09 am 
Longtime Regular

Here's the text of an e-mail just sent to the Fair PR department where I hope this woman works.

Dear Ms. Schuette:

Having seen you appearance on KSTP news I have a few questions on one of the State Fair policies. You state that weapons of any type are not allowed on the Fairgrounds, given that this position is illegal how do you propose to enforce this policy? It would appear that any attempt to ban persons in possession of a lawful permit to carry that involves more than just you would be a prima facie case of conspiracy to violate Minnesota state law.

I invite you attention to Minnesota Statute 624.714 Subd. 17. (e) which reads:

A landlord may not restrict the lawful carry or possession of firearms by tenants or their guests.
Given that you are by your own statements NOT part of the State Government but rather “The Minnesota State Fair is a financially self-supporting quasi-state agency.” This in my opinion exempts you from the provision (Minnesota Statute 609.66) that prohibits carry in specific governmental structures.

The evidence that you are a landlord is manifest and obvious. By your own admission you are a “…self-supporting quasi-state agency.” Given that fact combined with the fact that you are indeed, a landlord it is an act of conspiracy to deny me and many (Approximately 30, 000) other lawful citizens and potential customers.

On another note what makes you think that people already violating the law by illegally carrying a firearm will obey your illegal rule? As long as this policy of violating my 2nd and 4th and amendment rights is in place at the Fair I feel unsafe on the grounds. Given this I will not attend the fair as long as this restriction is in effect and I additionally intend to contact the Ramsey County Attorney and Attorney General regarding prosecution of this violation of my legal and civil rights.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Last edited by jac714 on Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: KSTP News
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:18 am 
Longtime Regular

The reporters name is Joe Mazan.

I just left a message for the news director at KSTP, the switchboard number is 612-646-5555, the Newsroom number is 612-588-6397.

I encourage everyone to call and voice our collective outrage that we should be in a mental institution for participating in an activity as legal as his news report.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.